Hampton Care are currenlty looking to for a Chef to join their friendly team.
We would like the chosen candidate to work full time which will be specified using a rota system. We would also like the individual to be able to cover for the Head Chef when they are on annual leave, making this is great opportunity for any one looking to advance their career in catering.
To assist in the planning, preparation and cooking of meals and to maintain clean, safe and hygienic standards within the kitchen area. To take overall responsibility for managing the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef, as well as assisting in covering for team members when absent.
- To prepare meal ingredients.
- To cook meals and prepare snacks and beverages.
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, order all food and cleaning materials for the kitchen area. Control stock and maintain proper records and ensure that storage of food is in accordance with environmental health.
- To assist the Head Chef in the planning of menus
- To assist in the supervision of all Kitchen Assistants.
- To ensure high standards of cleanliness in the kitchen area.
- To ensure the regular maintenance of all kitchen equipment and machinery.
- To ensure the correct and economical use of the materials and equipment and to ensure that wastage is kept to a minimum
- To ensure an adequate supply of kitchen crockery, utensils, linen and other necessary items.
- To keep proper records for the monitoring and review of the agreed catering budget and to ensure that it is not exceeded.
- To keep all other records required from time to time by management, regulatory authorities and in the areas of health, safety and hygiene.
- To ensure genuine choice for residents in all meals, ensure each has a properly balanced and nutritious diet and ensure that all meals meet the highest quality standards in content and presentation.
- Assist the Head Chef to undertake a scheme of quality assurance audits as agreed with the Home Manager.
- Carry out regular reviews of the menu to ensure that the requirements of the residents and business are met.
- To attend staff meetings and training sessions as required for the better performance of your duties.
- To assist with staff rotas and shift coverage for the Kitchen.
- Delivery of prepared food from kitchen to the dining room or resident’s bedroom in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Clean the dining room following meals to ensure all dirty cutlery, crockery and utensils are returned to the kitchen for washing up, as necessary.
- Follow guidance according to HACCP regulations.
- To liaise with care staff concerning any changes in a resident’s dietary habits, in particular where a resident refuses food.
- To ensure the adherence to standard operating procedures and the proper use of all machinery and equipment and compliance with all Health and Safety regulations and requirements from the Regulatory Authorities.
- To ensure that COSHH regulations are complied with and to keep all required records.
- To assist in training Kitchen Assistants and new members of the team.
- Follow at all times the homes policies and procedures.
- Understand and promote the Company’s Core Values and the Philosophy of Care
- Weekly contracted hours as mutually agreed with the Head Chef, to be worked on a rota system including weekends and public holidays.
- To complete any mandatory training specified to ensure that you are competent to fulfil the responsibilities of your role.
Specific Qualifications/ Skills/ Attributes
- Experience of working in a Kitchen in a similar role, under pressure
- Pride and passion for the job
- NVQ Level 1 or 2 in Food Preparation is beneficial
- High standard of health & Safety and food hygiene
- Ability to work on own initiative
If you like the sound of this vacancy, please apply by uploading your CV