We are looking to recruit a part-time Administrator Assistant to join our friendly & fantastic team here at Mayflower Care Home. The hours will be 16 hours a week on a rota basis and may include some weekends.
- To ensure that the business is administered in a professional manner which assists the Registered Manager in achieving the business’ aims & objectives, as well as dealing with all administrative functions to achieve the smooth running of the home.
- To be the first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries, fostering a professional and caring image of the homes.
- Liaising with the Support Office to ensure that they are kept fully informed of all matters to do with the home.
- Liaise with all parties enquiring about vacancies, ensuring that appropriate and timely action is taken.
- Liaise with the HR Team to place advertisements for job vacancies as directed by the Registered Manager.
- Have a clear understanding of the Home’s selection and recruitment policy and follow the Recruitment Process for all new starters.
- Book agency/bank staff as directed by the Manager in line with the company authorisation process
- Ensure that the computerised payroll system is operating effectively, report any defects and use the system as directed by Head Office. In the absence of the computerised system, collect timesheets and prepare timesheet summary for faxing to Head Office for approval.
- Update staff training records and maintain personnel files and print out relevant training certificates in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the reception / admin office.
- Answer the telephone in a business-like and professional manner.
- To acknowledge and greet all visitors to the home ensuring they feel welcomed
- Take minutes for meetings as directed by the Registered Manager.
Requirements for the Role
- Strong organisational ablility with the ability to prioritise tasks and whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Experience of working in an Administration role in a busy environment, in a similar environment would be beneficial
- Strong Communicational skills both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which include a polite and professional approach
In return, we will offer you:
- A competitive basic salary
- A range of benefits designed to support your development and wellbeing
- Industry recognised training
- Other benefits including a rewards scheme offering discounts from retailers
Mayflower Care Home's philosophy is to create a secure, relaxed, happy and homely atmosphere for the residents to live in and for the staff to work in. We specialise in providing quality nursing and residential care for the elderly. Mayflower Care Home's is part of the Canford Healthcare group of homes.
If you would like to join our friendly & successful team, please select "apply now" and forward us your CV - we look forward to hearing from you.