Quality & Training Coordinator - Full Time (40 Hours)
NMC Pin Desirable
As a member of the Management team at the Home, you will play a part in the provision of the training and development of staff. The role will consist of working with the Registered Manager to continuously improve the quality and delivery of service in accordance with the Home’s core values and Philosophy of Care.
- To work with the Home Manager to ensure that the findings from quality assurance processes are reflected in appropriate training for all staff
- To assist with quality and training audits, analysing the data and preparing plans for action
- To be responsible for the implementation, evaluation, orientation, feedback, induction and continuous improvement of new employees
- Support a work atmosphere which promotes a high quality of work life
- Support and maintain a culture of performance and excellence, acting as a role model for the care functions within the home
- To be responsible for working alongside the Manager in identifying and implementing all mandatory and other training needs for all staff in the Home
- To actively participate in weekly Heads of Department meetings and liaising with other Heads of Departments to discuss the training needs of their staff teams
- To ensure robust induction and ongoing training and support systems and processes are in place to provide assurance that the essential standards of quality and service are delivered to residents
- To assist with the process of observational supervision to ensure that training provided is being put into practice on the floor
- To be responsible for maintaining the training matrix within the Home, identifying and implementing the training requirements of the home
- To be responsible for the administration of training to include preparation of training materials, completing certificates and maintaining staff training files
- To be responsible for developing training and development programmes for staff in a structured way, assisting non-clinical staff to develop in their roles and levels of competence
Specific Qualifications/ Skills/ Attributes
- The individual should either be a qualified nurse with a valid NMC PIN (preferred) or hold an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Ideally holds a formal qualification in training e.g. PTTLS or an Assessors Qualification or have proven experience in a training role
- Proficiency on Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Methodical pragmatic problem solving approach
Do you have experience working in the Healthcare sector Do you have a passion for facilitating training Are you able to motivate overs If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then a Quality & Training Co-ordinator role may be the ideal career for you!
Tunbridge Wells Care Centre's philosophy is to create a secure, relaxed happy and homely atmosphere for the residents to live in and for the staff to work in. We specialise in providing quality nursing and residential care for the elderly. It is our aim to preserve the self-respect of those who depend on the support of others.
We feel that those who live at Tunbridge Wells Care Centre should do so with dignity, have the respect of those who support them and be entitled to live a full and active life, given the fundamental right to self-determination and individuality within the framework of a care home offering nursing care.
Tunbridge Wells Care Centre is part of the Canford Healthcare group of homes.
If you would like to join our friendly & successful team, please select "apply now" and forward us your CV.