Willows Care Home, Romford, are currently recruiting for a Shift Co-ordinator to work full time 40 hours per week.
Willows is a bright and spacious purpose-built modern care home for the elderly, set in a pleasant residential area of Romford. Here at Willows our aim is to offer our 70 residents the highest possible quality of life, while providing them with an exceptional standard of long-term and respite residential, nursing and specialist dementia care.
About the Role
The Shift Coordinator is responsible for providing a high standard of care, which encompasses patient choice and makes best use of valuable resources. The Shift Coordinator leads the care team to ensure the highest quality and appropriate care to residents on a daily basis and has responsibilities for managing care staff to provide consistent and appropriate levels of care.
- Provide care as laid down in the care plans and under the direction of the Clinical Care Coordinator, Deputy Manager and Registered Manager.
- Report to Clinical Care Coordinator any changes or deterioration observed in the health and general condition of residents, any personal or emotional problems that you become aware of and any matter which has or could potentially have a bearing on the overall wellbeing of the residents. For example, change in level of alertness, increased level of confusion or changes in behavior.
- Make and change beds, mattresses and bed linen.
- Take every opportunity to improve skills and knowledge both by self-development and by participating in training events organized both inside the Home and out.
- Undertake tasks as required and instructed by the Line Manager which are not specifically set out in this job description but are within the scope of your skills
- Conduct a joint handover with the Clinical Care Coordinator to ensure that a comprehensive and effective handover between shifts is completed.
- Organize the care staff for the shift, delegate care based on your knowledge of the residents and staff levels of skills and abilities
- Ensure the timely formulation of rota’s and daily management in terms of sickness and absence is in conjunction with site cover or on-call manager.
- Work with the Clinical Care Coordinator to ensure accurate assessment of dependency and effective and timely delivery of care.
- Act as a role model to Care Assistants, lead and develop key worker system within the home.
- Manage a set of staff including the responsibilities of; supervisions, return to work interviews, shift rota, annual leave, and any other support requested by the Clinical Care Coordinator
- To assist with palliative care for those residents who are terminally ill.
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ level 3 in Health & Social Care, or working towards
- Minimum of 1 year’s employment in a care role
- Knowledge of medication administration process
- Respectful, courteous and compassionate nature
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Able to lead, supervise and manage a team
Willows Care Home is part of the Canford Healthcare group of homes.
If you would like to join our friendly & successful team, please select "apply now" and forward us your CV.